Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Cabela's Store

So, my grandpa took me out to the Cabela's store about a week ago, because I needed a nice pair of winter boots.
 
Well, we get to the Cabela's store, and he decides that, not only do I need boots, but I also need a parka, under armor, and socks.
 
Most of the shopping was uneventful (although that store is gorgeous). 
 
CUE: SARAH SEARCHING FOR BOOTS
 
I walk up to the guy and I tell him that I need help.  I say "Hi, I'm moving to Alaska next month and I need a pair of boots.  I was looking at these Sorel's (that I printed offline)"
 
He then proceeds to SCOFF at me.  He says, "Well, maybe if you're trying to win a fashion show.  What you really want is these ones over here because it's not exactly known to be warm in Alaska."
 
Here are the boots
 
 
They are enormous and heavy BUT, they are super warm and sturdy and Cabela's promises that they'll last forever, or something like that...
 
Want to see what everything else looks like?  Of course you do!
 
 
The coat is made of goose down and also promises to be super cozy for my sub-zero stay in Alaska.
 
Moving on to base layer!
 
 
So, for all you people out there who are worried that I'm not going to be warm enough in Kokhanok, don't you fret, I got it covered :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment