Monday, February 4, 2013

Buying Doritos and Making Coffee Creamer

Listen.  I didn't plan on buying the doritos.  But I just really, really wanted them.  So I took a walk this weekend to the General Store.



I walked in and bought a bag of Doritos and a Snickers Bar.  (You see, my grandpa sent me twenty dollars in his letter last week, so I wanted to go out and buy myself some treats).

Take a guess how much it costs for a bag of chips and a candy bar...




Any guesses...


It was $10.10.  Honestly, not as bad as I thought and worth every penny.  That first bite into the Doritos was the best thing ever.

I also ran out of coffee creamer this week.  I was so sad to see my Bailey's non-alcoholic French Vanilla coffee creamer go.  But, it had a good life.  So I've been looking into ways to make more.  Here's what I have so far.


Evaporated milk, boxed milk and vanilla extract.

Now, it's not exactly like I had a recipe or anything, and I didn't have measuring cups so it wouldn't have even mattered if I did have a recipe.  So I started with a little of this:

And a little of that:

And you end withhhhh.....:


You just keep adding things to taste.  The end result tastes a bit like melted ice cream or a vanilla milkshake.  Either way, it was very good in my coffee this morning.

To end, here are some food questions that I need answers to:
- My cream cheese has curdled even more.  It's barely spreadable at this point.  It looks more like cottage cheese.  Is there a way to restore it back to his former creamy, delicious state?



And I also took my frozen vegetables and fruits out of the freezer to defrost.  But I forgot them on the counter and when I came back they were kind of goopy.  So I put them back in the freezer, are they going to be okay?  Nothing can happen to frozen fuits/veggies, right?

If I survive the next two months without getting e. coli, I think we should all count ourselves lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment