Sunday, February 24, 2013

Towing and a Run of Bad Luck

This weekend was a great one.  My kids picked me up on Saturday to go towing.  Now, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, fear not.  I had no idea either until I got out here.


Here's a little video in which I will explain towing, while towing.



Then after we went towing, we ate cookies in the snow.

Then after that we took the sled and we drove up this huge hill that leads to the dump.  Then we rode the sled down the hill and we crashed into some bushes because we couldn't stop.

Then after all this excitement I invited the kids back to my place and I made them all lunch.  We had mac and cheese.



Meet our crew!  
Top row: Sim, Sherilynn, and Taty (they're all brothers and sisters)
On the bottom row, that's Elayna.

So, during our towing session Elayna tells me the women are getting together that night for dance practice in order to prepare a dance for carnival.  I ask if I can go, and they say yes.  So I show up at the community center that night, expecting dance rehearsal.  And there's no dance rehearsal that night, but there is bingo!  So I decide that I did walk down there, I should just stay for bingo.


Meet the new face of bingo!

I played bingo for four hours and I won absolutely nothing.  No money at all.  You could say that it was just not my night.  I'm justifying this whole experience by saying that I got to meet all kinds of people that I had never seen before.  A ton of people come out to bingo and I got to meet lots of new people, including elders.  Also, I spent less than $20 at bingo, so I think I did alright (even though I didn't win at all, not even a door prize.)

I might go again next week.  I'm determined to win at least once before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment