Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tabasco Pizza and Alaska Apparel

I decided to make pizza the other day as I have these pre-made crusts that I got from Costco.
I wanted to try something new and I wanted to put hot sauce on my pizza, but I didn't have any hot sauce. So I venture over to my principal's house because that's where I go whenever I need anything.  Sure enough, they had some they could give me, and I start my walk back home.

When I get home I realize that the block of mozzarella cheese I bought from the store (YES! THEY HAD IT AT THE STORE!) is still frozen.

Now I will not be making pizza tonight it seems.

So I decide instead that I'll make 'hot' popcorn.  (popcorn with hot sauce on it, it's so good.)  Actually, one of my high schoolers told me about it, and I eat it on a fairly regular basis when I go over to visit my principal.

And I'm thinking, how badly could I mess this up?

Apparently, I'm also incapable of making microwave popcorn.
Luckily, I had another bag and so I tried again, this time with much more success.
[AN APPEAL TO MY READERSHIP.  I AM NOW OUT OF MICROWAVE POPCORN.  SEND TO:
SARAH DENNIS
GENERAL DELIVERY
KOKHANOK SCHOOL
KOKHANOK, AK 99606]

With my microwave popcorn all cooked and tabascoed up, it's time to start

THE GREAT ALASKAN SUIT-UP
here are all the things you need to put on if you're going, well, anywhere.

Start with under armour pants and socks.

Add wool socks.

Then add Kokhanok sweatpants over top.

On top, start with thermal shirt

Add Kokhanok Warlords Hoodie

Then you have to put on boots.  A process which, in and of itself, takes about 5 minutes.

Then coat and scarf.

Gloves

And hat

I had gotten all suited up and went in search of tabasco sauce, and I ran in to some of my students.  They were actually on their way to come find me, because they had a gift for me.  A gift of dried, cured fish!
It is really delicious and I only eat a little bit every day because I want to have it for as long as possible.

Speaking of my students, tomorrow one of them is having a birthday, and I'm invited to the party!  I got my invitation this morning.
It's at the home of one of the most respected elders in the village and I'm super excited.  

Meet Misty!
I was sitting next to her at the junior high basketball game the other night, and she wanted to wear my scarf, so I gave it to her.  She said "Look, I'm Ms. Sarah!"

I'll be attending her birthday party tomorrow at 5, and I couldn't be more excited.

Well, tomorrow's a busy day and I have to get to bed.

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment