Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Flying and Resort-ing

A lot has happened in the past several hours.

Let's have a timeline, shall we? (I'll keep it in EST)

January 8
3:00 AM- wake up in Tobyhanna, PA
3:30 AM- Give mommy a kiss and leave home
5:30 AM- Arrive at Newark, give daddy a kiss and he leaves
6ish- get through security and find coffee
6ish- found coffee and chocolate croissant
7-board plane
I was all the way in the back, which was fine since I was not conscious for most of the flight.  Although I was upset that I slept through a good deal of it because I missed in-flight snack #1!  (I was awake for in-flight snack #2 and in-flight drink break #1andonly)
1:30PM- Flight lands in Seattle
2:00PM- Sarah goes in search of food.  She gets Starbucks, because she's in Seattle and buys a $10 Wolfgang Puck Chicken Caesar Salad, which was ok.
3:00PM- Flight leaves to Anchorage 

6:30PM- Flight lands in Anchorage where we then drive to Alyeska Resort.  Here's some photos from the drive:
Pulling up to the resort:

The whole drive was really beautiful.  

After a quick dip in the hot tub followed by a shower, I decided to go exploring the hotel.  I found this stuffed polar bear scene
Giant moose head
and in the lobby if you look straight up, they have these lights that are supposed to 're-create' the aurora borealis

I love it here.  Tomorrow I have meetings, and some free time in the afternoon when I hope to ride the ski lift up to the top of the mountain and possibly have lunch up there.  I can't wait to explore this beautiful resort in the daytime!

Alaska Woman,
Signing off!







1 comment: