Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Why I am always walking after school

So I was driving my students home after music lessons today and it was just so beautiful (Did I mention that I have 1/4 of the school involved in music lessons?  :).  Like, unbelievably beautiful.  After I had dropped them off, I hurried home to get changed and I walked as fast as I could around town to try and capture the beauty before the sun went down.  Unfortunately it really is not as beautiful as when I was driving, I was just a little too late.  Here are some photos anyway.


That's my school building on the left.


This is down by my principal's house.




Essentially right in front of my principals house.




I started walking towards the airport, also called 'down the line.'


Also 'down the line.'


Finally, I have more additions to


SARAH'S RULES FOR LIVING IN ALASKA:
  1. always have food on your person.  always.
  2. always have a flashlight
  3. always have a book/magazine/entertainment
  4. always wear your 'ice creepers'
What are ice creepers you may be asking yourself.


The picture is not the best, but a rubber/metal contraption that goes on the bottom of your shoes that helps you walk on the ice.  And we have a lot of ice in Kokhanok.  Everywhere.  It doesn't matter that there's no ice by your house, there could be ice anywhere.  Don't take any chances.

That's all for tonight.  I have to head across the street and figure out how a radio station works before tomorrow after school!

No comments:

Post a Comment