Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Last Night's Dinner, Today's Sunset

As I mentioned earlier, I had dinner with my principal and his wife last night.  They are such lovely people and I ended up staying there for several hours just talking to them and watching YouTube videos and just generally having a great time.

Here's what we had for dinner.
Stir-fry green beans
Quinoa

There was also a salad which I forget to take a picture of...


And the best part!!!!

I got to try Alaskan salmon!!  It was so good.  I mean, just incredible.  The top piece was just a simple lemon pepper salmon, which was delicious. The bottom one was a pinapple glazed salmon, which was also delicious.  I can't explain why Alaskan salmon is so good, but it really is.  It tastes fresh and clean and has a beautiful mild flavor.  

Then when I got home from school today I decided to do a little bit of exploring since the weather was pretty mild and I still had some daylight left.  I climbed up this huge hill behind my house and it looks out on to the lake.

Then I took some other pictures from on top of the hill.


Then I walked down to Iliamna lake, near where my principal lives and took some pictures down by the lake.



It's really beautiful here, in case you didn't get that from the pictures. :)







1 comment:

  1. What type of salmon was it? (that was something I learned while living in Juneau, there's a ton of different types of salmon and they do have different tastes)
    I hope that you have a great experience up there! =)

    ReplyDelete