Saturday, January 26, 2013

I keep losing my ice creepers

So I went and took another walk after school today because it's just so beautiful here, I would feel guilty for staying inside.

So here are more beautiful Alaska photos.  A day may come when I stop posting landscape photos, but right now I just can't help myself.







In other news my ice creepers keep getting stuck on things.  So with all this walking around I've been doing, I've had to back track several times to go find them.  It's been rather annoying.  Ice creepers, I'm disappointed in you.


So my clubs have been going very well.  Radio Journalism was interesting.  This week we talked about who we would like to interview for the video and what questions we're going to ask them.  Then we practiced interviewing each other.  Then the students wanted to interview me.  So here's a YouTube recording of them interviewing me with photos of my time here (it needed to have pictures).  Keep in mind that the interview process is totally new to them.  So, they mumble and you can't always hear them and they got distracted towards the end.  Here's the link to the interview.


I even was able to take that clip and put it on the radio.  In Radio on Thursday we also worked on making little radio jingles in Garage Band.  I'm really proud of the radio station :)  I even have it constantly repeating the playlist so there is always something playing on 88.5 KROK.

Here's a jingle I did.

Today I was driving my students home and my school bus got stuck on the ice.  Thank goodness there was no students in there, but I was freaking out.  I had a radio in the car so I got on the air to try and tell someone that I was stuck and ask what I should do but no one answered back.  Cue more freaking out. After much alternation between drive and 2 and reversing and going forward again, I was able to get the school bus unstuck and get back to the school.

This weekend will be spent doing some reading, planning for the week, I have some letters to write and maybe some pilates if I can get up the energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment